Highlights of UCDH
The Utah College of Dental Hygiene implemented their accelerated and innovative Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene (BSDH) degree program in 2008. The UCDH accelerated baccalaureate degree in dental hygiene allows students to earn their bachelor's degree in dental hygiene in only 20 months on campus. The program is structured differently than the traditional four year format to earn a bachelor's degree that is commonly found in other college and university settings.
The UCDH program is based upon one full-time year (12 months, 33 credit hours) of pre-requisite and general education coursework that is completed prior to beginning at UCDH, and less than two years (20 calendar months, 89 credit hours) in the UCDH dental hygiene program. The program has been desinged to graduate students as soon as possible so that you can begin your career as a dental hygienist much faster than has been traditiaonally expected.
At a glance highlights:
- UCDH has been educating dental hygiene students since 2005 and currently has over 875 dental hygiene graduates. Over 95% of our graduates have worked as registered dental hygienists (RDH) throughout the United States since the schools founding in 2005!
- There are no waiting lists to begin the program, and all eligible applicants meeting the minimum requirements can qualify to receive an interview.
- Earn a Bachelor Degree (BSDH) at UCDH in a little more time as it takes to earn a traditional Associate's Degree (AS/AAS) from another college or university.
- Graduates with a Bachelor Degree can entertain the possibility of becoming instructors & teaching dental hygiene students in other dental hygiene programs.
- There are generally more career options and job opportunities for hygienists who have earned a Bachelor Degree.
- All of the classes offered within the UCDH curriculum tie directly into the science and/or practice of dental hygiene and other related dental sciences. This is done so that your education can be more relevant, and can assist you in your day to day practices. All UCDH full-time dental hygiene peogram instructors are either licensed dentists or dental hygienists.
An Accredited Program With a Legacy of Success
Personalized Financial Aid/Assistance
A Growing Career (11% faster than average)
UCDH is the first, and largest, private dental hygiene college in the state of Utah.
The college has an on-site librarian to assist students with class research projects and writing assignments. Currently the college and the attached dental clinic together employ multiple clinical instructors that are either dentists (DDS or DMD) or Registered Dental Hygienists (RDH). The students at UCDH have a wide educational opportunity to interact with different dentists, multiple professors, and College Administration Officials (the College Founders, the Program Director, the Dean of Education and the College President(s)) that have a combined experience of over 75 years in the dental, dental hygiene and dental education fields. The college also employs multiple staff members in the Student Services department to assist students with other tasks (such as scheduling patients and other college activities).