The College is now accepting applications and conducting interviews for the Dental Hygiene Class beginning in May 2021. The College will continue to accept applications even after the class is filled. We urge you to submit your application as soon as possible.
NOTE: Prerequisite courses do not need to be completed at time of application, however, they do need to be completed by the time the program begins.
To meet with an admissions advisor or schedule a tour of the school please call 801-426-8234 and select the admissions department, or email email@example.com.
We do require a scheduled appointment. The admissions office is open Monday - Thursday, 8-4.
Follow these simple steps to apply:
1. Print out and read Admission Criteria & Process.
2. Fill out the application.
3. Submit Official Transcripts from your high school and any colleges where you completed prerequisite coursework.
(Transcripts can only be counted as "Official" if they are sealed and mailed directly from the institution to the Utah College of Dental Hygiene)*
4. Submit 3 reference forms. They should be submitted directly to our office from an Employer, a Professor (Educator) and a Character Reference (Church leader, family friend, scout leader, etc.).
5. Complete 40 hours of shadowing in a dental office. Then submit the shadowing/observation form. You can still be working on this requirement when you apply.
6. Submit your ACT or SAT score. We do not require a certain score.
7. Mail the application and other application forms to the Utah College of Dental Hygiene, along with a $50 non-refundable application fee.
8. If you have additional questions, call 801-426-8234 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
9. For questions regarding cost of the program or financial aid, refer HERE or email: email@example.com
If you have taken classes that do not transfer for our prerequisites, or want to petition for certain course transferability - Complete the Petition for Course Transfer form and include a course description/syllabus with the form.
(Petitions will not be reviewed without description or syllabus attached)
All applicants must be a United States Citizen or be a U.S. Permanent Resident
Note to applicants that fall under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status and are applying to attend UCDH:
- All other application requirements for UCDH must be met (including graduation from high school or GED equivalency).
- UCDH does not participate in the student VISA program or the SEVIS Program and is not able to accept students who are non U.S. Citizens and/or eligible non-citizens.
- DACA students are not eligible for financial aid at UCDH. Please check with the schools financial aid advisor for current eligibility rules.
- UCDH is not a state agency but a training institution. Licensing for the profession of dental hygiene is different from state to state within the United States and can change often. Eligibility to practice dental hygiene may affect DACA students and DACA graduates. Please contact the state agency that is in charge of regulating and licensing for the profession of dental hygiene before you apply to UCDH to see if having a DACA status will affect your ability to obtain a license to practice dental hygiene upon graduation. You may find more helpful information at https://www.adha.org/
Attention: Please check your state license requirements as a misdemeanor or felony may result in denial of a license to practice dental hygiene.
A Note To Re-Applicants:
If a re-applicant has previously been offered a conditional acceptance / acceptance by UCDH in the past, and declined/withdrew, but the applicant decides to reapply, they will only be considered for alternate positions in the class they apply for. This also applies to any applicants that have started the program and willfully withdrawn early.